Sunday, June 28, 2009



Yesterday I found the strangest growths on some leaves, so I brought a few home since I didn't have my camera with me. I have no clue what would cause this. The leaves are discolored and more than one tree was affected.




My camera actually didn't delete the pictures (the Mac did) so here from Wit's End is a closeup of my sad winter-blooming peach leaves, astilbe Max gave me once, for Mother's Day (thanks Max!) some more of the graceful lilies, the butterfly bush beginning to bloom, the flower of silky dogwood... and scenes from the village, including an amusing sign. The village is so charming because except for a few overhead wires and paved road, it is almost perfectly preserved.












This cryptomeria is making so many itty seed pods - last year's are further back.

My favorite copper beech is here, it's hard to tell from a photo how monumental it is. Alas, the leaves are covered with aphids.



Waxman-Markey is well and good but we have to go much further, faster:

http://one-blue-marble.com/blog/2009/06/21/1400-studies-and-abrupt-climate-change/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

My Blog List

Search This Blog

Followers

counter