- BASIC PREMISE + Research Links about Dying Trees
- Five Radio Interviews, Video of Fall Foliage + Contact Information
- More Links to Recent Research
- Visit the Apocalypsi Library at the End of the World
- Pillage, Plunder & Pollute, LLC - free download AND watch the movie - The Silent War on Trees
- Whispers From the Ghosting Trees - Guest Post at Greg Laden's Science Blog
Saturday, June 20, 2009
Views at Early Evening, Summer Solstice
Views of the J&J farm visited by Joyce Kilmer of "I think that I shall never see" fame; and nearby fields and hills.
It is now possible to discern even from a distant vantage that the treelines are thin. It used to be that they appeared solid - no light came through below the line of the horizon where treetops met the sky. Leaves that emerged this spring are dropping off.
What a beautiful landscape, surrounding Wit's End.
Oak leaves up close, and a yellowing crabapple (they all are), plus frantic over-production of cones.
And of course there is no drought, part III, linked below:
And just for fun whilst waiting for photos to upload here on the blog, I left a comment at whitehouse.gov as follows (you can send your own if you like!)
Dear President Obama,
I have two points.
1. Please get Americans a real universal health care plan. If you don't want single payer at first, fine, give us a public, NOT FOR PROFIT alternative and let the private insurers wither away.
2. Please visit my blog about climate change:
All of the trees are dying on the Eastern Seaboard due to a long-term change in climate. They just can't keep up with an altered environment and the evidence of their demise is obvious.
This is important to bring to the attention of Congress because it is concrete evidence of the deleterious consequences of AGW. Perhaps when they understand the implications - no more apples, no more nuts, the positive feedback of a CO2 sink becoming a CO2 source - they will stop dithering over legislation to curb greenhouse gas emissions and recognize the emergency status of our planet.
We are already on track for catastrophic droughts and extremely violent weather. Please stop this before humans are doomed to extinction as well.
Yes, you can!
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
- ► 2016 (14)
- ► 2015 (33)
- ► 2014 (37)
- ► 2013 (113)
- ► 2012 (179)
- ► 2011 (299)
- ► 2010 (383)
- Dr. Krugman hits it out of the park
- Here, for viewing pleasure, are two paintings I ha...
- What really scares me
- Yesterday I found the strangest growths on some le...
- New Greenman Video!
- Route 202
- ehh, posts mixed up!
- The FUNNIEST ever! Also!
- Flowers Gone Rogue
- Coming soon to a forest near you
- In a Geologic Instant
- Movie Time!
- The peach orchard
- Views at Early Evening, Summer Solstice
- Climate Emergency
- A Poem About a Tree
- "Blindingly Obvious"
- Humor Break!
- a primer on adaptation and mitigation
- Dying for a long time
- On the way to the orchard
- Sugar Maples
- There is no drought redux
- The Walrus and the Carpenter
- the spectacular stupidity of hubris
- The Yanomami
- "Climate change is always followed by mass extinct...
- melting ice, flattened coral reefs, endangered spe...
- How fast?
- THERE IS NO DROUGHT
- What Fresh Hell Is This?
- airplane crash and glacier crash
- comment to greenman video
- Empirical Evidence
- Going all techy - Chlorosis, Necrosis, and Abscission
- Today I am felled by a sore throat. This gave me ...
- Significant Other actually sent me this linkhttp:/...
- The Last Spring
- ▼ June (44)
My Blog List
Never believe the Official Story7 years ago
A Modest Proposal3 years ago
Apex Predator Irony3 weeks ago
Top Episodes3 years ago
Here’s Your Proof6 years ago
Signs Posted In 20201 year ago
Stunning recovery of Arctic Sea Ice10 years ago
Moderate PM 2.5 along West Coast4 years ago
Post a Comment