I have never seen Joe Romm be this glum:
in which he says:
“The time to act is long past.”
my comments (so far) follow:
The only hope I have is that we have enough brilliant scientists that will figure out, within the next 5 years, how to reverse the acidification of the oceans, and remove the CO2 from the atmosphere.
If not, we are careening towards runaway warming that is totally out of control. For sure, species will go extinct, and soon.
Maybe we can save ourselves if we jump on it.
We should emulate the brave Iranians and organize massive marches to demand government action to halt climate change.
I forgot to add, we must develop of course alternative, clean energy sources AND huge plants to desalinate the ocean water.
And recipes to make jellyfish palatable.
To significant other I wrote:
Time to have that talk with the children about reproducing.
Not the one that used to be hard, about the birds and the bees.
The harder one, about how having babies is going to give you the worst sort of grief to watch them starve to death, so maybe, it's not a very good idea.
Terry Gross interviewed Woody Allen on Fresh Air at NPR today. It's worth listening to, for the funnies:
And let me just give another shout out to the brave Iranian students who are willing to risk maiming and death for freedom!
- BASIC PREMISE + Research Links about Dying Trees
- Five Radio Interviews, Video of Fall Foliage + Contact Information
- More Links to Recent Research
- Visit the Apocalypsi Library at the End of the World
- Pillage, Plunder & Pollute, LLC - free download AND watch the movie - The Silent War on Trees
- Whispers From the Ghosting Trees - Guest Post at Greg Laden's Science Blog
Monday, June 15, 2009
the spectacular stupidity of hubris
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
- ► 2016 (14)
- ► 2015 (33)
- ► 2014 (37)
- ► 2013 (113)
- ► 2012 (179)
- ► 2011 (299)
- ► 2010 (383)
- Dr. Krugman hits it out of the park
- Here, for viewing pleasure, are two paintings I ha...
- What really scares me
- Yesterday I found the strangest growths on some le...
- New Greenman Video!
- Route 202
- ehh, posts mixed up!
- The FUNNIEST ever! Also!
- Flowers Gone Rogue
- Coming soon to a forest near you
- In a Geologic Instant
- Movie Time!
- The peach orchard
- Views at Early Evening, Summer Solstice
- Climate Emergency
- A Poem About a Tree
- "Blindingly Obvious"
- Humor Break!
- a primer on adaptation and mitigation
- Dying for a long time
- On the way to the orchard
- Sugar Maples
- There is no drought redux
- The Walrus and the Carpenter
- the spectacular stupidity of hubris
- The Yanomami
- "Climate change is always followed by mass extinct...
- melting ice, flattened coral reefs, endangered spe...
- How fast?
- THERE IS NO DROUGHT
- What Fresh Hell Is This?
- airplane crash and glacier crash
- comment to greenman video
- Empirical Evidence
- Going all techy - Chlorosis, Necrosis, and Abscission
- Today I am felled by a sore throat. This gave me ...
- Significant Other actually sent me this linkhttp:/...
- The Last Spring
- ▼ June (44)
My Blog List
Never believe the Official Story7 years ago
A Modest Proposal3 years ago
Apex Predator Irony5 weeks ago
Top Episodes3 years ago
Here’s Your Proof6 years ago
Signs Posted In 20201 year ago
Stunning recovery of Arctic Sea Ice10 years ago
Unthinkable Things6 days ago
Moderate PM 2.5 along West Coast4 years ago
Post a Comment