- BASIC PREMISE + Research Links about Dying Trees
- Five Radio Interviews, Video of Fall Foliage + Contact Information
- More Links to Recent Research
- Visit the Apocalypsi Library at the End of the World
- Pillage, Plunder & Pollute, LLC - free download AND watch the movie - The Silent War on Trees
- Whispers From the Ghosting Trees - Guest Post at Greg Laden's Science Blog
Wednesday, August 4, 2010
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
- ► 2016 (14)
- ► 2015 (33)
- ► 2014 (37)
- ► 2013 (113)
- ► 2012 (179)
- ► 2011 (299)
- Ode to an Endangered Species
- Ecopornography (!)
- Agricultural Fare
- Anne Frank's Tree of Hope
- Eat Pray Love
- Not Another One!
- America's Ten Dead Cities
- Opening a Can of Worms
- "Posthumous Fame" - a poem
- Down the Rabbit Hole
- Down the Rabbit Hole
- Wildfires are raging in Canada."There were 264 wil...
- Morituri te salutamus!
- Landslides and Floods in China
- The Grand Fetish - Rampant Consumerism
- When the Music's Over
- Home Movies
- Plastic Bag
- I can't keep up!
- Making the News
- "I knew my Foe; He was my reflection."
- The Lobster Quadrille
- It's Too Late
- Update to Pogy
- Straker's Comment
- Connecting the Dots
- This IS America
- Burning Trees
- Loss of Greenland Ice Will Lead to 23' Sea Level Rise
- the Jersey Shore (sigh)
- "The Fallacy of Climate Activism" by Adam Sacks
- "Blind Spot"
- It's Over
- "Technological Progress is Like an Axe in the Hand...
- What is it going to take?
- Minute Quantities of Imidacloprid
- Three Supremes - Love You, Kagan, Sotomayor, and G...
- Russia Burning
- "Marlin Goes Berserk"
- ▼ August (44)
My Blog List
Never believe the Official Story7 years ago
A Modest Proposal3 years ago
Apex Predator Irony4 weeks ago
Top Episodes3 years ago
Here’s Your Proof6 years ago
Signs Posted In 20201 year ago
Stunning recovery of Arctic Sea Ice10 years ago
Moderate PM 2.5 along West Coast4 years ago
Yeah, Runaway was worth the time. Thanks. I love those Canadian cartoons; cartoons that say something.ReplyDelete
How long does it take to cross a tipping point, to cross a threshold? Is it hours, days, weeks, months, years, decades, or centuries? From the point of view of our 4.5 billion year old earth any of these human time scales is instantaneous...
(I'm not so into ellipses, but my period key is double and triple repeating of its own will.)
I wanted you to see this about VCOs that I posted at CP. The people involved are my wife and her daughter, son in law, and two pre-school children. So we have a real concern.
August 4, 2010 at 12:46 pm
I don’t have a link but just discovered that lawn treatments, fertilizer and pesticides, produce volatile organic compounds (VOC). These VOCs produce ozone as they break down. I had googled for lawn treatment health problems
On windless day, 90 F, with extremely high humidity, people I know had their typical, suburban lawn treated by one of the commercial outfits. That night, it drizzled, still not even a slight breeze 80 F. At 3 am all the smoke/CO2 alarms started to sound, but there was no smoke, no fire, no gas leak, and everyone had a hard time rousing, feeling dizzy and disoriented. We surmise that because of the atmospheric conditions, VOCs rose to hazardous levels around the house and settled into the interior. The alarms quite possible saved their lives.
Ozone levels, common in our national atmosphere, decrease plant productivity by 20%. Our environment is only 80% effective at converting sunlight to food energy this year. But that’s without the droughts and floods. Higher ozone levels can only kill more of our environment.
Pesticides, fertilizers and combination lawn treatments contribute to the problem.