The New York Times ran a patronizing and snarky story about Occupy Wall Street, mocking the protesters who are, let's admit it, a motley crew. But I guess yesterday will make them reconsider just a little, because the march from Zuccotti Park at noon, around Wall Street and then up Broadway and Fifth Avenue, spilled over the sidewalks and literally took over streets, while police tried in vain to confine the burgeoning crowd. At times they looked like the keystone cops in their clumsy attempts to keep traffic flowing, and then, in fear and fury, they attacked. Honestly, it was terrifying. The video I took (note the dying trees!) ends when I barely snuck through the kettling, a tactic used in Europe that the NYPD is learning on the fly, just before dozens were arrested. It turns out there is one situation where wrinkles and grey hair are an advantage.
- BASIC PREMISE + Research Links about Dying Trees
- Five Radio Interviews, Video of Fall Foliage + Contact Information
- More Links to Recent Research
- Visit the Apocalypsi Library at the End of the World
- Pillage, Plunder & Pollute, LLC - free download AND watch the movie - The Silent War on Trees
- Whispers From the Ghosting Trees - Guest Post at Greg Laden's Science Blog
Sunday, September 25, 2011
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
- ► 2016 (14)
- ► 2015 (33)
- ► 2014 (37)
- ► 2013 (113)
- ► 2012 (179)
- Coping With Our Demise - by Tim Murray
- No Tomorrow
- Adbusters Call to Action Today!
- Snobby Illiterati to Protest Wall St. ‘Hippies’ Wi...
- Haha! Expect Us!
- Michael Moore on Occupy Wall Street - "That's Wher...
- Mariel Moshiri Has Her Say
- More Like This Please
- Blackout on Occupy Wall Street
- Mariel is Found!
- Mariel is Missing
- NYPD Statement on Arrests at #OccupyWallStreet
- Call the Mayor and Complain! 212-341-2009
- I Haz a Tragic
- Weekend Romance
- In Praise of the Mutilated World
- Leave the Tarsands in the Ground
- Celebrate with Greenpeace - Forty Years of Victories!
- They Wait for Me...In the Forest...Auughhh!! It's...
- Occupy Wall Street
- A Bright New Shiny Toy
- Extremes Overview from Climate Communication
- A Million Trees
- "The Biggest Environmental Disaster You've Never H...
- Enslavement...A World Away
- Postcards from Texas
- Hell Hath No Fury
- Mothra and the Polar Bear go to the White House
- The Gallantry of A Futile Gesture
- ▼ September (33)
- ► 2010 (383)
My Blog List
Never believe the Official Story6 years ago
A Modest Proposal3 years ago
Fate4 days ago
Top Episodes3 years ago
Here’s Your Proof6 years ago
Signs Posted In 20201 year ago
Stunning recovery of Arctic Sea Ice10 years ago
THE COMING CRISIS HAS MOVED!8 years ago
The Politics of Extinction2 weeks ago
Moderate PM 2.5 along West Coast4 years ago
Good flick, Gail!ReplyDelete
Get this idea out to others:
Use facial recognition software (you know the cops and feds already are using facial recognition software to ID demonstrators)use it to to ID NYPD officers for LATER USE in lawsuits, lots of lawsuits!
Tell Bloomberg to call off his goons. What they are doing now is not working and will not work if people are willing to demonstrate. The police will look so bad all over the world EXCEPT on MSM.
When young men are fighting for peace the world over, the first order of business, according to the manifesto, is to keep women quiet and placid on the home front.ReplyDelete
The Powers That Wannabe FUBAR awakening women to the joys of anarchy.
I learn that the defense for kettling is to call for reinforcements to surround the police line that is kettling in the original demonstrators.
Stop paying taxes...period.ReplyDelete
If they don't have taxes, the government does not function, and these disgraceful individuals, amongst others, will be out of a job.
Msmbc gets it right:ReplyDelete