- BASIC PREMISE + Research Links about Dying Trees
- Five Radio Interviews, Video of Fall Foliage + Contact Information
- More Links to Recent Research
- Visit the Apocalypsi Library at the End of the World
- Pillage, Plunder & Pollute, LLC - free download AND watch the movie - The Silent War on Trees
- Whispers From the Ghosting Trees - Guest Post at Greg Laden's Science Blog
Wednesday, May 13, 2009
Lunching With The Glitterati (and you thought I was a nobody!)
Today I had lunch with my friend Eric Gustafson, the author, who I magically transported from Peapack to Princeton to meet up with his friends Peter and Barbara Westergaard (I put in their last names because they're all to one degree or another sort of famous, or at the very least notorious, and I love reflected glory, it's the only kind I'll ever get!) for lunch. Eric is on his way to India for 10 months and has been on an extended au revoir tour. Peter mentioned E.B.White's poem, The Fox of Peapack, because it is a village adjacent, more or less, to Oldwick. I cannot find it on the internet so I'm frustrated, I may have to purchase a copy. It does not reflect well on the human residents, apparently.
But Charlotte's Web is one of my absolute all-time favorite books for children so I must find the poem, especially as I did discover in the googling that EB was great friends with Dorothy Parker. "What fresh hell is this?" is engraved on my cell phone.
And also of course there is another picture of a tree, which I took in Princeton, because it reflects exactly the general condition. The trees are struggling to leaf out. If they could vocalize, we would all be overwhelmed by an unbearably tragic, mortal shrieking. Why do so few hear it?
- ► 2016 (14)
- ► 2015 (33)
- ► 2014 (37)
- ► 2013 (113)
- ► 2012 (179)
- ► 2011 (299)
- ► 2010 (383)
- After the competition, a barbeque!
- First Place in the Pouring Rain!
- Comments to this story http://www.sciencedaily.com...
- end of May
- compelling videos
- Les fleurs
- Another way to fritter away time on the intertubes!
- Richard Pauli's excellent blog
- posting links so they work, no more cut and paste!
- Yale report
- ha ha delightful, comments and CLICK at the end on...
- I've been following the links provided to me last ...
- The health effects of climate change
- the ups and downs
- A female Hispanic judge, oh my!
- No title
- comment to climateprogress.org
- party's over
- The Garden of the Finzi-Continis
- the Universe
- No title
- I forgot
- Here are extremely stressed flora - a pine, and a ...
- evidence of positive feedbacks
- Obama at Notre Dame
- Lunching With The Glitterati (and you thought I wa...
- Thrift and Frugality
- A mother bird, and scenery
- The British Invasion
- cats and chaos
- Correspondence with the Cicada Dude, and pictures ...
- Early May in the Garden
- How to fiddle while Rome burns
- A prescient blog, but pre-Obama
- Love it love it!
- ahem! What I want for Mother's Day
- the disappearing glacier, tomatos, and snowpack in...
- May pictures
- lunch with Moxie
- the wildfire season in California starts early
- I have stolen this post from Mark B over at climat...
- brilliant video
- note to Susan, who lives in Massachusetts
- dark green humor
- What to call it?
- Effects of Climate Chaos
- a post today at climateprogress.org
- response to Frank Rich
- ▼ May (57)