- BASIC PREMISE + Research Links about Dying Trees
- Five Radio Interviews, Video of Fall Foliage + Contact Information
- More Links to Recent Research
- Visit the Apocalypsi Library at the End of the World
- Pillage, Plunder & Pollute, LLC - free download AND watch the movie - The Silent War on Trees
- Whispers From the Ghosting Trees - Guest Post at Greg Laden's Science Blog
Wednesday, May 27, 2009
Today I had occasion to drive over the Bernardsville Mountain. Okay...I had to pick up sushi to feed the Brat and the Boyfriend, and it was sort of on the way to the airport, from whence I had to chauffeur them home from getting scuba-certified in St. John, in time to get back to campus for graduation of aforementioned boyfriend...
Anyway, the Bernardsville Mountain has quite a few famous edifices built a century ago, when wealthy New Yorkers maintained their country retreats here.
These homes have been largely invisible because they have been sheltered by mature avenues of trees. Not so much anymore! The brick mansion and carriage house that look barren in these pictures have been recently exposed to view from the road, because they have had to remove the thickets of trees that protected them from public view. The owners have rather optimistically planted new trees, but these will undoubtedly fare worse still, as the climate continues its inexorable march towards warmer and drier conditions.
- ► 2016 (14)
- ► 2015 (33)
- ► 2014 (37)
- ► 2013 (113)
- ► 2012 (179)
- ► 2011 (299)
- ► 2010 (383)
- After the competition, a barbeque!
- First Place in the Pouring Rain!
- Comments to this story http://www.sciencedaily.com...
- end of May
- compelling videos
- Les fleurs
- Another way to fritter away time on the intertubes!
- Richard Pauli's excellent blog
- posting links so they work, no more cut and paste!
- Yale report
- ha ha delightful, comments and CLICK at the end on...
- I've been following the links provided to me last ...
- The health effects of climate change
- the ups and downs
- A female Hispanic judge, oh my!
- Today I had occasion to drive over the Berna...
- comment to climateprogress.org
- party's over
- The Garden of the Finzi-Continis
- the Universe
- Here are some more samples of spring leaves ...
- I forgot
- Here are extremely stressed flora - a pine, an...
- evidence of positive feedbacks
- Obama at Notre Dame
- Lunching With The Glitterati (and you thought I wa...
- Thrift and Frugality
- A mother bird, and scenery
- The British Invasion
- cats and chaos
- Correspondence with the Cicada Dude, and pictures ...
- Early May in the Garden
- How to fiddle while Rome burns
- A prescient blog, but pre-Obama
- Love it love it!
- ahem! What I want for Mother's Day
- the disappearing glacier, tomatos, and snowpack in...
- May pictures
- lunch with Moxie
- the wildfire season in California starts early
- I have stolen this post from Mark B over at climat...
- brilliant video
- note to Susan, who lives in Massachusetts
- dark green humor
- What to call it?
- Effects of Climate Chaos
- a post today at climateprogress.org
- response to Frank Rich
- ▼ May (57)