- BASIC PREMISE + Research Links about Dying Trees
- Four Radio Interviews, Video of Fall Foliage + Contact Information
- More Links to Recent Research
- Visit the Apocalypsi Library at the End of the World
- Pillage, Plunder & Pollute, LLC - free download AND watch the movie - The Silent War on Trees
- Whispers From the Ghosting Trees - Guest Post at Greg Laden's Science Blog
Monday, May 11, 2009
A mother bird, and scenery
Okay, here we have pictures of a couple representatives of the legions of damaged trees that are unable to produce a full complement of leaves. And also, an overview of scenery that is just, at least from a distance, gorgeous, still for now. It didn't show up in my camera, but the sky was wildly pink and violet.
And that little robin I saw earlier today? She is building a nest in the eaves of the barn. Every morning and evening when I go out to feed the Danny and Pipsqueak, she gets miffed and flaps indignantly out to a fence post where she surveys my activities, disapprovingly. I used to think robins were tedious and ordinary as daisies, and I only got excited when I spotted something more colorful, like a bluebird, or exotic, like a Baltimore Oriole or an Indigo Bunting or Scarlet Tanager, or a hummingbird. Now I am grateful for every and each bird that is still alive. Each life is of value, and they are diminishing at an alarming rate.
Happy Mother's Day, Robin Lady.
- ► 2015 (31)
- ► 2014 (37)
- ► 2013 (113)
- ► 2012 (179)
- ► 2011 (299)
- ► 2010 (383)
- After the competition, a barbeque!
- First Place in the Pouring Rain!
- Comments to this story http://www.sciencedaily.com...
- end of May
- compelling videos
- Les fleurs
- Another way to fritter away time on the intertubes...
- Richard Pauli's excellent blog
- posting links so they work, no more cut and paste!...
- Yale report
- ha ha delightful, comments and CLICK at the end on...
- I've been following the links provided to me last ...
- The health effects of climate change
- the ups and downs
- A female Hispanic judge, oh my!
- Today I had occasion to drive over the Berna...
- comment to climateprogress.org
- party's over
- The Garden of the Finzi-Continis
- the Universe
- Here are some more samples of spring leaves ...
- I forgot
- Here are extremely stressed flora - a pine, an...
- evidence of positive feedbacks
- Obama at Notre Dame
- Lunching With The Glitterati (and you thought I wa...
- Thrift and Frugality
- A mother bird, and scenery
- The British Invasion
- cats and chaos
- Correspondence with the Cicada Dude, and pictures ...
- Early May in the Garden
- How to fiddle while Rome burns
- A prescient blog, but pre-Obama
- Love it love it!
- ahem! What I want for Mother's Day
- the disappearing glacier, tomatos, and snowpack in...
- May pictures
- lunch with Moxie
- the wildfire season in California starts early
- I have stolen this post from Mark B over at climat...
- brilliant video
- note to Susan, who lives in Massachusetts
- dark green humor
- What to call it?
- Effects of Climate Chaos
- a post today at climateprogress.org
- response to Frank Rich
- ▼ May (57)