- BASIC PREMISE + Research Links about Dying Trees
- Four Radio Interviews, Video of Fall Foliage + Contact Information
- More Links to Recent Research
- Visit the Apocalypsi Library at the End of the World
- Pillage, Plunder & Pollute, LLC - free download AND watch the movie - The Silent War on Trees
- Whispers From the Ghosting Trees - Guest Post at Greg Laden's Science Blog
Wednesday, May 6, 2009
Here are pictures following my lunch with Moxie. They start out right in the parking lot and the rest are all within a ten minute drive of the restaurant - I could have photographed many more examples. The symptoms of decline (aka assured death within at the most a few more seasons) are, for conifers, being able to see through to the other side and for evergreen shrubs - yew or boxwood for example - brown leaves, and for deciduous trees, branches without leaves.
This grieves me constantly. I wish I didn't know enough or care enough about trees to have noticed what is happening to them, which then led me to investigate the cause and to discover that the problem is far, far worse than I ever dreamed. I truly wish I could go back to the blissful illusion that I and my loved ones, here in New Jersey, would somehow escape the species annihilation that will likely accompany the worst effects of climate change.
Yes, I wish that I was blind and ignorant enough to think NOW is a swell opportunity to buy Stuart Weissman shoes, never before on sale until now, at Bergdorf's!
- ► 2016 (13)
- ► 2015 (33)
- ► 2014 (37)
- ► 2013 (113)
- ► 2012 (179)
- ► 2011 (299)
- ► 2010 (383)
- After the competition, a barbeque!
- First Place in the Pouring Rain!
- Comments to this story http://www.sciencedaily.com...
- end of May
- compelling videos
- Les fleurs
- Another way to fritter away time on the intertubes...
- Richard Pauli's excellent blog
- posting links so they work, no more cut and paste!...
- Yale report
- ha ha delightful, comments and CLICK at the end on...
- I've been following the links provided to me last ...
- The health effects of climate change
- the ups and downs
- A female Hispanic judge, oh my!
- Today I had occasion to drive over the Berna...
- comment to climateprogress.org
- party's over
- The Garden of the Finzi-Continis
- the Universe
- Here are some more samples of spring leaves ...
- I forgot
- Here are extremely stressed flora - a pine, an...
- evidence of positive feedbacks
- Obama at Notre Dame
- Lunching With The Glitterati (and you thought I wa...
- Thrift and Frugality
- A mother bird, and scenery
- The British Invasion
- cats and chaos
- Correspondence with the Cicada Dude, and pictures ...
- Early May in the Garden
- How to fiddle while Rome burns
- A prescient blog, but pre-Obama
- Love it love it!
- ahem! What I want for Mother's Day
- the disappearing glacier, tomatos, and snowpack in...
- May pictures
- lunch with Moxie
- the wildfire season in California starts early
- I have stolen this post from Mark B over at climat...
- brilliant video
- note to Susan, who lives in Massachusetts
- dark green humor
- What to call it?
- Effects of Climate Chaos
- a post today at climateprogress.org
- response to Frank Rich
- ▼ May (57)