- BASIC PREMISE + Research Links about Dying Trees
- Four Radio Interviews, Video of Fall Foliage + Contact Information
- More Links to Recent Research
- Visit the Apocalypsi Library at the End of the World
- Pillage, Plunder & Pollute, LLC - free download AND watch the movie - The Silent War on Trees
- Whispers From the Ghosting Trees - Guest Post at Greg Laden's Science Blog
Monday, May 25, 2009
The Garden of the Finzi-Continis
Here are pictures from our holiday weekend, where I relish every pampered moment that remains until TEOTWAWKI.
Thank you Ken, well-known visiting weedy non-native invasive interloper from Saskatchewan, ha ha you think you will defeat us! NO! We are all for lumberjacks who are okay, never mind...thanks for letting me record with ultra precision blossoms in my garden with your fancy macro lens camera!
Here you will find the real Moxie. Panting.
And thank you Dennis and Alice for hosting us on your carriage in bucolic Devon and beautiful sailboat in spectacular spectacular Manhattan harbor.
Thank you Brittany for being the indispensable groom with aplomb.
Thank you Sophie for looking so lovely and helping prepare food and thank you Catherine for lending hat and gloves!
Now for pictures...
None of dead trees although there are many to see. As I wrote this, two interesting things happened. A hummingbird whirred over my head and feasted on flowers on the patio. And a huge branch fell off the pin oak and landed in the lawn with a deafening crash.
Time to feed horses and collect eggs. Brother Bob, who is in the hospital with knee-replacement surgery complications, be well, hang in there!
- ► 2016 (13)
- ► 2015 (33)
- ► 2014 (37)
- ► 2013 (113)
- ► 2012 (179)
- ► 2011 (299)
- ► 2010 (383)
- After the competition, a barbeque!
- First Place in the Pouring Rain!
- Comments to this story http://www.sciencedaily.com...
- end of May
- compelling videos
- Les fleurs
- Another way to fritter away time on the intertubes...
- Richard Pauli's excellent blog
- posting links so they work, no more cut and paste!...
- Yale report
- ha ha delightful, comments and CLICK at the end on...
- I've been following the links provided to me last ...
- The health effects of climate change
- the ups and downs
- A female Hispanic judge, oh my!
- Today I had occasion to drive over the Berna...
- comment to climateprogress.org
- party's over
- The Garden of the Finzi-Continis
- the Universe
- Here are some more samples of spring leaves ...
- I forgot
- Here are extremely stressed flora - a pine, an...
- evidence of positive feedbacks
- Obama at Notre Dame
- Lunching With The Glitterati (and you thought I wa...
- Thrift and Frugality
- A mother bird, and scenery
- The British Invasion
- cats and chaos
- Correspondence with the Cicada Dude, and pictures ...
- Early May in the Garden
- How to fiddle while Rome burns
- A prescient blog, but pre-Obama
- Love it love it!
- ahem! What I want for Mother's Day
- the disappearing glacier, tomatos, and snowpack in...
- May pictures
- lunch with Moxie
- the wildfire season in California starts early
- I have stolen this post from Mark B over at climat...
- brilliant video
- note to Susan, who lives in Massachusetts
- dark green humor
- What to call it?
- Effects of Climate Chaos
- a post today at climateprogress.org
- response to Frank Rich
- ▼ May (57)