- BASIC PREMISE + Research Links about Dying Trees
- Four Radio Interviews, Video of Fall Foliage + Contact Information
- More Links to Recent Research
- Visit the Apocalypsi Library at the End of the World
- Pillage, Plunder & Pollute, LLC - free download AND watch the movie - The Silent War on Trees
- Whispers From the Ghosting Trees - Guest Post at Greg Laden's Science Blog
Sunday, June 28, 2009
Yesterday I found the strangest growths on some leaves, so I brought a few home since I didn't have my camera with me. I have no clue what would cause this. The leaves are discolored and more than one tree was affected.
My camera actually didn't delete the pictures (the Mac did) so here from Wit's End is a closeup of my sad winter-blooming peach leaves, astilbe Max gave me once, for Mother's Day (thanks Max!) some more of the graceful lilies, the butterfly bush beginning to bloom, the flower of silky dogwood... and scenes from the village, including an amusing sign. The village is so charming because except for a few overhead wires and paved road, it is almost perfectly preserved.
This cryptomeria is making so many itty seed pods - last year's are further back.
My favorite copper beech is here, it's hard to tell from a photo how monumental it is. Alas, the leaves are covered with aphids.
Waxman-Markey is well and good but we have to go much further, faster:
- ► 2015 (33)
- ► 2014 (37)
- ► 2013 (113)
- ► 2012 (179)
- ► 2011 (299)
- ► 2010 (383)
- Dr. Krugman hits it out of the park
- Here, for viewing pleasure, are two paintings I...
- What really scares me
- Yesterday I found the strangest growths on some ...
- New Greenman Video!
- Route 202
- ehh, posts mixed up!
- The FUNNIEST ever! Also!
- Flowers Gone Rogue
- Coming soon to a forest near you
- In a Geologic Instant
- Movie Time!
- The peach orchard
- Views at Early Evening, Summer Solstice
- Climate Emergency
- A Poem About a Tree
- "Blindingly Obvious"
- Humor Break!
- a primer on adaptation and mitigation
- Dying for a long time
- On the way to the orchard
- Sugar Maples
- There is no drought redux
- The Walrus and the Carpenter
- the spectacular stupidity of hubris
- The Yanomami
- "Climate change is always followed by mass extinct...
- melting ice, flattened coral reefs, endangered spe...
- How fast?
- THERE IS NO DROUGHT
- What Fresh Hell Is This?
- airplane crash and glacier crash
- comment to greenman video
- Empirical Evidence
- Going all techy - Chlorosis, Necrosis, and Absciss...
- Today I am felled by a sore throat. This gave me ...
- Significant Other actually sent me this link http...
- The Last Spring
- ▼ June (44)