Greenman has another excellent video rebuttal to climate change deniers, which is here:
Comments are truncated if they go over 500 characters, so here is mine in its entirety:
It is ludicrous to claim that amounts of CO2 in concentrations greater than they have been for past millennia could possibly be beneficial to plants.. To suggest so flies in the face of Darwinian evolution.
Unless you happen to be a Christian fundamentalist, it's simply ignorant to suggest that altering the atmosphere could be anything other than detrimental. Obviously, plants evolved within ecosystems that had a certain balance of precipitation, temperature, and seasonal changes of light, as well as a particular composition of atmospheric gasses. Therefore, if any of those conditions is altered (let alone several or all) those species will no longer occupy the niche to which they are suited and MUST inevitably, ultimately perish when the changes accrue faster than their generational turnover can keep pace with.
This should be obvious even absent the empirical evidence of ecosystem collapse, and a rapidly accelerating mass extinction, which I am documenting from my little corner of the earth at witsendnj dot blogspot dot com.
- BASIC PREMISE + Research Links about Dying Trees
- Four Radio Interviews, Video of Fall Foliage + Contact Information
- More Links to Recent Research
- Visit the Apocalypsi Library at the End of the World
- Pillage, Plunder & Pollute, LLC - free download AND watch the movie - The Silent War on Trees
- Whispers From the Ghosting Trees - Guest Post at Greg Laden's Science Blog
- ► 2016 (14)
- ► 2015 (33)
- ► 2014 (37)
- ► 2013 (113)
- ► 2012 (179)
- ► 2011 (299)
- ► 2010 (383)
- Dr. Krugman hits it out of the park
- Here, for viewing pleasure, are two paintings I...
- What really scares me
- Yesterday I found the strangest growths on some ...
- New Greenman Video!
- Route 202
- ehh, posts mixed up!
- The FUNNIEST ever! Also!
- Flowers Gone Rogue
- Coming soon to a forest near you
- In a Geologic Instant
- Movie Time!
- The peach orchard
- Views at Early Evening, Summer Solstice
- Climate Emergency
- A Poem About a Tree
- "Blindingly Obvious"
- Humor Break!
- a primer on adaptation and mitigation
- Dying for a long time
- On the way to the orchard
- Sugar Maples
- There is no drought redux
- The Walrus and the Carpenter
- the spectacular stupidity of hubris
- The Yanomami
- "Climate change is always followed by mass extinct...
- melting ice, flattened coral reefs, endangered spe...
- How fast?
- THERE IS NO DROUGHT
- What Fresh Hell Is This?
- airplane crash and glacier crash
- comment to greenman video
- Empirical Evidence
- Going all techy - Chlorosis, Necrosis, and Absciss...
- Today I am felled by a sore throat. This gave me ...
- Significant Other actually sent me this link http...
- The Last Spring
- ▼ June (44)