Tonight when I drove home in the dark it was raining. The leaves are drooping mournfully from the weight of the water, they have no strength to stay aloft, and no wonder...look at them close up. They are shriveling by the day, and littering the ground beneath as they fall. There's also a rose in the midst, just so refined and gorgeous!
As I drove home I realized that this year we never saw the annual event, which is the crazy frogs hopping insanely all over the roads in the first spring downpour. They just weren't to be seen this year - nor heard. The spring peepers normally make a gigantic chorus, especially in the evening and early morning.
Okay, one time when I was driving my daughter to the train for school she remarked on the volume and I said, well, they're all shrieking, "Fuck Me!"..."nooo, Fuck Me!" Which she scornfully thought was a rather gross interpretation - no doubt it was! - but still...true!
In any event, they are gone now. Their voices silenced. And no more hops.
Wonkette has a great story, which they don't attribute to climate change, but I do:
and then there's this, which I also attribute to climate change, because I'm not a scientist, so I CAN:
I mean, have YOU ever heard of that happening before? Me neither. Perhaps a few of these, and maybe throw in the mix some ships breaking up at sea from violent storms and huge waves, will turn the attention from "the war on terror" to the REAL threat to the human race.
- BASIC PREMISE + Research Links about Dying Trees
- Four Radio Interviews, Video of Fall Foliage + Contact Information
- More Links to Recent Research
- Visit the Apocalypsi Library at the End of the World
- Pillage, Plunder & Pollute, LLC - free download AND watch the movie - The Silent War on Trees
- Whispers From the Ghosting Trees - Guest Post at Greg Laden's Science Blog
- ► 2015 (33)
- ► 2014 (37)
- ► 2013 (113)
- ► 2012 (179)
- ► 2011 (299)
- ► 2010 (383)
- Dr. Krugman hits it out of the park
- Here, for viewing pleasure, are two paintings I...
- What really scares me
- Yesterday I found the strangest growths on some ...
- New Greenman Video!
- Route 202
- ehh, posts mixed up!
- The FUNNIEST ever! Also!
- Flowers Gone Rogue
- Coming soon to a forest near you
- In a Geologic Instant
- Movie Time!
- The peach orchard
- Views at Early Evening, Summer Solstice
- Climate Emergency
- A Poem About a Tree
- "Blindingly Obvious"
- Humor Break!
- a primer on adaptation and mitigation
- Dying for a long time
- On the way to the orchard
- Sugar Maples
- There is no drought redux
- The Walrus and the Carpenter
- the spectacular stupidity of hubris
- The Yanomami
- "Climate change is always followed by mass extinct...
- melting ice, flattened coral reefs, endangered spe...
- How fast?
- THERE IS NO DROUGHT
- What Fresh Hell Is This?
- airplane crash and glacier crash
- comment to greenman video
- Empirical Evidence
- Going all techy - Chlorosis, Necrosis, and Absciss...
- Today I am felled by a sore throat. This gave me ...
- Significant Other actually sent me this link http...
- The Last Spring
- ▼ June (44)