Today I am felled by a sore throat. This gave me time to take some pictures of flowers, for cheer, and trees, for the sadz.
There are pines standing in a field, a sorry specimen in front of an old farmhouse, and the Black River, which I have never seen so low. It used to be that it was rushing this time of year, from snowmelt, attracting tubers even though the water was frigid. The rest of the collection of trees shows that it's possible to survey, from standing in just one spot, in this case smack in the middle of Oldwick village, tree after tree that is just barely limping along. I could have put in more, but the pictures load so slowly. And I could have picked another random spot and demonstrated the exact same phenomena, but I had to go pick up the mail, so that's where I happened to be.
Perhaps the most incriminating evidence of pernicious climate-chaos-induced tree mortality is in the photo of maple leaves. Look how they are scorched, in the beginning of June.
Another thing I have noticed is that we almost never get the amount of rain called for in the weather reports. I think the weather people are working off of old models, basing their predictions on whatever factors influence precipitation - areas of high and low pressure, temperature, clouds, or whatever. But the elements that used to produce somewhat reliable results don't apply anymore.
That's my guess, anyway.
- BASIC PREMISE + Research Links about Dying Trees
- Four Radio Interviews, Video of Fall Foliage + Contact Information
- More Links to Recent Research
- Dead Trees - Dying Forests Webpage
- Pillage, Plunder & Pollute, LLC - download my book about trees dying from pollution, published in Spring, 2012
- Whispers From the Ghosting Trees - Guest Post at Greg Laden's Science Blog
- ► 2013 (113)
- ► 2012 (179)
- ► 2011 (299)
- ► 2010 (383)
- Dr. Krugman hits it out of the park
- Here, for viewing pleasure, are two paintings I...
- What really scares me
- Yesterday I found the strangest growths on some ...
- New Greenman Video!
- Route 202
- ehh, posts mixed up!
- The FUNNIEST ever! Also!
- Flowers Gone Rogue
- Coming soon to a forest near you
- In a Geologic Instant
- Movie Time!
- The peach orchard
- Views at Early Evening, Summer Solstice
- Climate Emergency
- A Poem About a Tree
- "Blindingly Obvious"
- Humor Break!
- a primer on adaptation and mitigation
- Dying for a long time
- On the way to the orchard
- Sugar Maples
- There is no drought redux
- The Walrus and the Carpenter
- the spectacular stupidity of hubris
- The Yanomami
- "Climate change is always followed by mass extinct...
- melting ice, flattened coral reefs, endangered spe...
- How fast?
- THERE IS NO DROUGHT
- What Fresh Hell Is This?
- airplane crash and glacier crash
- comment to greenman video
- Empirical Evidence
- Going all techy - Chlorosis, Necrosis, and Absciss...
- Today I am felled by a sore throat. This gave me ...
- Significant Other actually sent me this link http...
- The Last Spring
- ▼ June (44)