- BASIC PREMISE + Research Links about Dying Trees
- Four Radio Interviews, Video of Fall Foliage + Contact Information
- More Links to Recent Research
- Visit the Apocalypsi Library at the End of the World
- Pillage, Plunder & Pollute, LLC - free download AND watch the movie - The Silent War on Trees
- Whispers From the Ghosting Trees - Guest Post at Greg Laden's Science Blog
Sunday, June 14, 2009
"Climate change is always followed by mass extinction."
DonExodus2 of Youtube fame gave me this answer with succinct brevity.
Here was what I asked him:
If you accept Darwinian evolution, AND you accept climate change, wouldn’t you expect ecosystems to collapse, since they evolved in a different climate? Isn’t it inevitable that species that are selected to survive in a particular environment aren’t going to survive when that environment is altered faster than they can genetically adapt?
He has a collection of interesting and informative videos here:
And here, my quest has ended after much searching, I have FINALLY found scientific corroboration for vast phenological change due to anthropogenic global warming, thanks to a Dr. Camilla Parmesan at the University of Texas:
THANK YOU DR. PARMESAN FOR THIS GEM!
"7. Although evolutionary responses have been documented (mainly in insects), there is little evidence that observed genetic shifts are of the type or magnitude to prevent predicted species extinctions."
Here is a typical large old pin oak with bare branches, a sweet white flower, and a tragic variegated dogwood that cost quite a bit of money, with it's leaves pathetically drooping even after days of rain. Damn.
- ► 2015 (33)
- ► 2014 (37)
- ► 2013 (113)
- ► 2012 (179)
- ► 2011 (299)
- ► 2010 (383)
- Dr. Krugman hits it out of the park
- Here, for viewing pleasure, are two paintings I...
- What really scares me
- Yesterday I found the strangest growths on some ...
- New Greenman Video!
- Route 202
- ehh, posts mixed up!
- The FUNNIEST ever! Also!
- Flowers Gone Rogue
- Coming soon to a forest near you
- In a Geologic Instant
- Movie Time!
- The peach orchard
- Views at Early Evening, Summer Solstice
- Climate Emergency
- A Poem About a Tree
- "Blindingly Obvious"
- Humor Break!
- a primer on adaptation and mitigation
- Dying for a long time
- On the way to the orchard
- Sugar Maples
- There is no drought redux
- The Walrus and the Carpenter
- the spectacular stupidity of hubris
- The Yanomami
- "Climate change is always followed by mass extinct...
- melting ice, flattened coral reefs, endangered spe...
- How fast?
- THERE IS NO DROUGHT
- What Fresh Hell Is This?
- airplane crash and glacier crash
- comment to greenman video
- Empirical Evidence
- Going all techy - Chlorosis, Necrosis, and Absciss...
- Today I am felled by a sore throat. This gave me ...
- Significant Other actually sent me this link http...
- The Last Spring
- ▼ June (44)