I want to say thanks to Survival Acres not just for this latest post - a very lengthy but brilliant interview with Chris Hedges - which I found there. When I first suspected that life as we have known and expected it to be is impossible to sustain, Survival Acres was one of the very first sources of information I found that provided the unvarnished truths about the implications of overshoot...without flinching or sugarcoating reality. At that time, the admin was already quite fed up with hostile comments from the deniers, so shortly after I began comprehending, he closed the blog. Finally, after pleas from readers, he resurrected it, but without any comment options.
Much of what he said there made me very uncomfortable, particularly his total cynicism towards the legitimacy of our democracy. Chris Hedges at around 14 minutes in refers to the "inverted totalitarianism" described in the book, "Democracy Inc" in which we have a surface, benign dictatorship that consists of "manufacturing consent" through our acquiescence to become consumers, enslaved in debt. Now, especially after Obama's abject surrender to corporate interests, it has become obvious to me that what Admin was articulating about our society and our prospects is harsh...but accurate.
- BASIC PREMISE + Research Links about Dying Trees
- Four Radio Interviews, Video of Fall Foliage + Contact Information
- More Links to Recent Research
- Visit the Apocalypsi Library at the End of the World
- Pillage, Plunder & Pollute, LLC - download my book about trees dying from pollution, published in Spring, 2012
- Whispers From the Ghosting Trees - Guest Post at Greg Laden's Science Blog
- ► 2014 (37)
- ► 2013 (113)
- Collateral Damage
- But...I Thought Global Warming Is A Hoax!
- to Traffic Cleverly in the Soulful Poetry of Ruina...
- Bats - plus Bees and Trees, Whales and Snails
- The Senator Self-Immolates
- "Just Because You Can't See It, Doesn't Mean It Is...
- Arboreal Composition
- I haz a Website!
- Frazil Ice and Moonbows
- Bleached Bones and Jumbled Residue
- Occupy Congress...and Chris Hedges Sues Obama!
- Occupy Freedom - Martin Luther King speaks against...
- All But Obliterated
- Cholera: Something To Look Forward To
- Mitt Romney, Job Slayer
- An Alternative in the New Hampshire Primaries - Ve...
- Doing the Maths
- Another Long Strange Trip
- An Essential Conversation with Chris Hedges - Brac...
- Where are the Ducks?
- The WAGES of Sin...an Environmental Scourge
- ▼ January (22)
- ► 2011 (299)
- ► 2010 (383)