- BASIC PREMISE + Research Links about Dying Trees
- Four Radio Interviews, Video of Fall Foliage + Contact Information
- More Links to Recent Research
- Visit the Apocalypsi Library at the End of the World
- Pillage, Plunder & Pollute, LLC - free download AND watch the movie - The Silent War on Trees
- Whispers From the Ghosting Trees - Guest Post at Greg Laden's Science Blog
Saturday, June 4, 2011
Sarah Palin - Apocalypse Nut
And now for a break from the regularly scheduled broadcast! This afternoon will mark "4th daughter" Laura's graduation party from Pratt Institute (congratulations Laura!). Pending that event, I will temporarily ignore trees dying from ozone, and the cancer, asthma, and other diseases that result from burning gas, coal, and biofuels and instead just post an immortal image from the superbly nimble Newscorpse. The terrifyingly ignorant quote from Palin has haunted me all week since I first read it in astonishment, so indicative is it of the utter stupidity that pollutes her brain - and an ignorant mindset that hurtles well beyond mere denial, into defiance, as it exposes the willfully dangerous anthropocentrism that threatens to destroy the entire ecosystem...and human civilization with it. This masterpiece of condensed satire is followed by a video with the exasperated Piper pleading: "Can we please go-oooow?" Pulease Sarah? Gooooo!
- ► 2016 (14)
- ► 2015 (33)
- ► 2014 (37)
- ► 2013 (113)
- ► 2012 (179)
- Climate Change Stop Motion
- The Wrath of Mother Nature, Freak Accidents, "Biol...
- The Tar Sands and Why They Matter
- Weekend Movie Matinee!
- Maher to Bristol Palin: Admit it, You Liked it!
- Chris Hedges - Endgame Strategy...Why The Revoluti...
- Governor Christine Todd Whitman Turns to Tricks fo...
- Koch Brothers Want To Steal (the rest of) Your Mon...
- The Rate of Change - Mass Extinction in the Ocean
- Oceans Away
- A Colossal Scavenger Hunt! Find the Trees Dying i...
- Weekend Movie Feature - The Snow Walker
- God Makes No Mistakes - You Were Born This Way, Ba...
- I Blame Prometheus
- Sarah Palin Loves the Smell of Emissions
- Hell and High Water...Fire and Rain
- Welcome Our New Seed Overlord, Monsanto
- "Queen of the Sun"
- Wake the Fuck Up
- The height of cynicism
- Requiem for Paradise
- Another Day, Another Outrage from the Kleptocracy
- Reposting Wesleyan University Pricing Carbon Confe...
- Sarah Palin - Apocalypse Nut
- Wibble and Watermelon and more Tornados
- Naomi Klein - Addicted to Risk
- ▼ June (27)
- ► 2010 (383)