First is a very funny video I saw after writing yesterday's post (I Blame Prometheus) which harmonizes fortuitously with the enormous futility - matched only by the quixotic imperative to try - to curb human foibles like, say, exponential population growth. It is from the Voluntary Extinction Movement, which I first endorsed in "Thank you for Not Breeding" from 2009. My favorite excuse for reproducing, enunciated by a smart-aleck talking cancer cell, is "if we smart ones don't, then only stupid cancer cells will, and that will make everything worse!" because it is a real attitude I happen to know is harbored by members of the educated younger generation. It's almost 40 minutes long, so you have to be prepared to settle in - and also be forewarned about some grotesque graphics, which, being a person who has given birth a few times, I didn't exactly appreciate. As turnabout is fair play I fully expect Wibble, the blogger who embedded this, to sit through the Lady Gaga production that follows, in its entirety. Hey, at last count 59,595,807 people already have!
- BASIC PREMISE + Research Links about Dying Trees
- Four Radio Interviews, Video of Fall Foliage + Contact Information
- More Links to Recent Research
- Visit the Apocalypsi Library at the End of the World
- Pillage, Plunder & Pollute, LLC - free download AND watch the movie - The Silent War on Trees
- Whispers From the Ghosting Trees - Guest Post at Greg Laden's Science Blog
- ► 2015 (33)
- ► 2014 (37)
- ► 2013 (113)
- ► 2012 (179)
- Climate Change Stop Motion
- The Wrath of Mother Nature, Freak Accidents, "Biol...
- The Tar Sands and Why They Matter
- Weekend Movie Matinee!
- Maher to Bristol Palin: Admit it, You Liked it!
- Chris Hedges - Endgame Strategy...Why The Revoluti...
- Governor Christine Todd Whitman Turns to Tricks fo...
- Koch Brothers Want To Steal (the rest of) Your Mon...
- The Rate of Change - Mass Extinction in the Ocean
- Oceans Away
- A Colossal Scavenger Hunt! Find the Trees Dying i...
- Weekend Movie Feature - The Snow Walker
- God Makes No Mistakes - You Were Born This Way, Ba...
- I Blame Prometheus
- Sarah Palin Loves the Smell of Emissions
- Hell and High Water...Fire and Rain
- Welcome Our New Seed Overlord, Monsanto
- "Queen of the Sun"
- Wake the Fuck Up
- The height of cynicism
- Requiem for Paradise
- Another Day, Another Outrage from the Kleptocracy
- Reposting Wesleyan University Pricing Carbon Confe...
- Sarah Palin - Apocalypse Nut
- Wibble and Watermelon and more Tornados
- Naomi Klein - Addicted to Risk
- ▼ June (27)
- ► 2010 (383)