Heartbreaking video of rescue attempts to save dolphins stranding on Cape Cod - "in record-breaking numbers".
Ric O'Barry (an amazing environmental activist with a profound history I had never heard of before, but who is right up there with Jacques Cousteau and Rachel Carson) is asked in this newscast repeatedly WHY these dolphins are stranding, and he responds, with ferocious calm - check the mercury levels from coal-fired power plants:
And then just to round things out, a video shared by a commenter:
- BASIC PREMISE + Research Links about Dying Trees
- Four Radio Interviews, Video of Fall Foliage + Contact Information
- More Links to Recent Research
- Visit the Apocalypsi Library at the End of the World
- Pillage, Plunder & Pollute, LLC - download my book about trees dying from pollution, published in Spring, 2012
- Whispers From the Ghosting Trees - Guest Post at Greg Laden's Science Blog
- ► 2014 (32)
- ► 2013 (113)
- A cartoon, a song, and a video - in honor of the G...
- A Prosaic and Amenable Endochronometer
- Mother, the Movie - Caring for Seven Billion
- Tim DeChristopher is Still in Jail
- Ecopocalypse Now
- What Part of E*MER*GEN*CY Don't They Understand??
- Blue Planet Prize - the absolutely unprecedented e...
- Peter Gleick Lost in the Heartless Wasteland
- Monstrous Monsanto
- Safe & Sound - Taylor Swift
- Where Have All the Forests Gone? Long Time Passin...
- There's No Tomorrow (2012)
- A Quirky Valentine
- We Have Poisoned the Oceans
- Forethought of Grief
- WWF Cavorts in MonsantoLand!
- Tamino's Closed Mind
- Then What??
- The Impeded Stream Is the One that Sings
- The Great Blinding
- The Little Things That Rule the World - from secre...
- "When Vegetation Rioted the Earth and the Big Tree...
- Ocean Acidification
- ▼ February (24)
- ► 2011 (299)
- ► 2010 (383)