Some say it is an Orwellian world now - others say it's like going Through the Looking Glass...or Down the Rabbit's Hole. Some call it, Cognitive Dissonance. One thing is certain. We are being lied to, not just by those you would expect, who sponsor thinktanks, and obviously profit...but by those who pretend to be in opposition to those who profit! Just...creepy. You can read about it at The Wrong King of Green, where this terrific film about fracking illustrates the duplicity of supposed environmental advocates...and don't miss this earlier article, which lists the incredibly, ridiculously, sickeningly high salaries (copied below) paid to certain heads of "environmental" non-profits (and that doesn't even begin to include, no doubt, the travel perks and so forth). I hardly know how to respond to this insidious savaging of genuine ecological activism...other than to try to expose it.
Oh and this fracking controversy doesn't even begin to account for the escaped methane from drilling, which adds to tropospheric ozone, which is killing trees!
Together, the top six big greens in the US received nearly $2.1 billion in total revenue from all sources in 2008. But not to worry, the average of $160 million per group that was government funded using your tax dollars wasn’t critical to the financial health of the six. This is just a drop in the bucket in the elitist non-profit industrial complex; Frederic Krupp, President of Environmental Defense Fund, $496,17; Cater Roberts, President of World Wildlife Fund, $486,394; Frances Beinecke, President of Natural Resources Defense Council, $432,959; David Yarnold, Executive Director of Environmental Defense Fund, $365,773; David Festa, V.P. West Coast Environmental Defense Fund, $360,872; Stephanie Meeks, Acting President of Nature Conservatory, $349,873; Larry Schweiger, President, National Wildlife Federation, $345,004; Eileen Claussen, President, Pew Centre on Global Climate Change, $335,099; Roger Shlickeisen, President, Defenders of Wildlife, $312,896; William Meadows, President, The Wilderness Society, $308,465.
- BASIC PREMISE + Research Links about Dying Trees
- Four Radio Interviews, Video of Fall Foliage + Contact Information
- More Links to Recent Research
- Visit the Apocalypsi Library at the End of the World
- Pillage, Plunder & Pollute, LLC - download my book about trees dying from pollution, published in Spring, 2012
- Whispers From the Ghosting Trees - Guest Post at Greg Laden's Science Blog
- ► 2014 (28)
- ► 2013 (113)
- A cartoon, a song, and a video - in honor of the G...
- A Prosaic and Amenable Endochronometer
- Mother, the Movie - Caring for Seven Billion
- Tim DeChristopher is Still in Jail
- Ecopocalypse Now
- What Part of E*MER*GEN*CY Don't They Understand??
- Blue Planet Prize - the absolutely unprecedented e...
- Peter Gleick Lost in the Heartless Wasteland
- Monstrous Monsanto
- Safe & Sound - Taylor Swift
- Where Have All the Forests Gone? Long Time Passin...
- There's No Tomorrow (2012)
- A Quirky Valentine
- We Have Poisoned the Oceans
- Forethought of Grief
- WWF Cavorts in MonsantoLand!
- Tamino's Closed Mind
- Then What??
- The Impeded Stream Is the One that Sings
- The Great Blinding
- The Little Things That Rule the World - from secre...
- "When Vegetation Rioted the Earth and the Big Tree...
- Ocean Acidification
- ▼ February (24)
- ► 2011 (299)
- ► 2010 (383)