My youngest sister, with whom I long ago ceased to have a speaking relationship (but that's another story), used to joke that I carried my own personal cloud of disaster around with me wherever I went, like Pigpen's dust - and that was back when the worst problems I had were a vindictive ex-husband and abusive boyfriend, when ecosystem collapse lurked as the dimmest of inklings...far from the omnipresent consciousness of impending tsunami it has become.
So why should it be a surprise that I was the randomly chosen witness to a dog attack? Three dogs, for no reason, ripped another to shreds in a bloodbath right before my eyes yesterday afternoon, and I was helpless to intervene. I will never forget the stomach-churning sounds of the growls and screams, or the fangs gnawing at the throat of the victim.
I'm suffering from severe PTSD today, and on top of which, I feel like it's kind of ridiculous. Much much worse things happen to people around the world every minute of every day. Like THIS.
- BASIC PREMISE + Research Links about Dying Trees
- Four Radio Interviews, Video of Fall Foliage + Contact Information
- More Links to Recent Research
- Visit the Apocalypsi Library at the End of the World
- Pillage, Plunder & Pollute, LLC - free download AND watch the movie - The Silent War on Trees
- Whispers From the Ghosting Trees - Guest Post at Greg Laden's Science Blog
- ► 2016 (13)
- ► 2015 (33)
- ► 2014 (37)
- ► 2013 (113)
- ► 2012 (179)
- ► 2011 (299)
- Thanks for the Memory...and, Happy New Year!
- I have learned to love polar bears...
- A Holiday Greeting
- Wikileaks Redeemed
- Yes, Father, Sarah Palin Chops Down a Tree and Fee...
- Climate Hawk Pin
- Reading the Tea Leaves
- Christmas Prank
- It's French!
- Polar Tragedy
- Fewer Butterflies and Smaller Tigers
- Insidious Soup
- A Bright Shiny Tin Foil Hat Just in Time for the H...
- Palin Perturbations
- Cri de Coeur
- Beyond the Tipping Point - Part II of Planet Earth...
- The Center for the Study of Carbon Dioxide and Glo...
- I wish I didn't know now what I didn't know then.....
- Food Crisis
- ▼ December (21)