- BASIC PREMISE + Research Links about Dying Trees
- Four Radio Interviews, Video of Fall Foliage + Contact Information
- More Links to Recent Research
- Visit the Apocalypsi Library at the End of the World
- Pillage, Plunder & Pollute, LLC - download my book about trees dying from pollution, published in Spring, 2012
- Whispers From the Ghosting Trees - Guest Post at Greg Laden's Science Blog
Saturday, April 17, 2010
Like much else, the sounds of nature have been largely forgotten.
Here is a story about the peace that has been induced thanks to the wholesale cancellation of air transport because of the volcanic eruption. Personally, I have long harbored a profound resentment about noise pollution from rackety, especially unnecessary, machinery - and I think a lot of other people would too if they had any recollection of the joy of hearing nothing but a natural thrum of insects humming and buzzing, the cries and melodious calls of birds, the sighing of wind through trees and grasses, and the singing splash and gurgles of streams and rivers.
- ► 2014 (37)
- ► 2013 (113)
- ► 2012 (179)
- ► 2011 (299)
- Movie Time!
- May Day
- Arrested Development: Why does JCP&L Hate Trees?
- Georgia On My Mind
- 42,000 Gallons Per Day
- Crash Course
- Stormy Weather
- SERC du Soleil
- Wit's End Goes to Washington
- Facebook Pictures
- Earth Day Rap
- Wit's End at the White House
- Facing the Future
- Picture the End of the World
- Orchid Overload
- Hoping for Higher Resolution
- Seismic Activity
- Spring, Struggling - and, The Madness of Crowds
- Lichen Schmiken
- Like much else, the sounds of nature have been lar...
- The World is Waking Up
- Here it is! The Title Says it All.
- "Alice said nothing: she had sat down with her fac...
- Unmitigated Disasters
- On the North Shore of Lake Quinault
- A Happy for Easter
- Through the Looking Glass
- ▼ April (32)