Saturday, May 14, 2011

More on "I'm a Climate Scientist"...with Update!

This youtube was posted at the Guardian UK in response to the "I'm a Climate Scientist" rap which is making the rounds.  I would call it, "I'm a Fake Farmer" and also can't help but note the irony of the prominent dependence on diesel-fueled mechanized equipment, mainly the tractor, to produce the organic milk advertised...not to mention the plastic containers.  Another example of consumerism co-opting activism.  One comment I loved:

"Rap: a musical form so hamstrung by cliches and repetitive mannerist posturings, it makes twelve-bar blues look radical. Somebody please kill it and put us all out of our misery."

Having said that, I am mulling over lyrics for a tree rap, I think their time has come to speak out.  And I liked the owl!


Update:
Perhaps Climate Progress will never post my objections retroactively, but for some obscure reason, a new and dare I say improved version of "I'm a Climate Scientist" (Clean) has appeared on Youtube - removing not only the superfluous potty language but the sexist "bitch" and the racist "Lebanese" pejoratives. Is it less or more effective? I would contend it is at least as effective, and less offensive. So a huge plus plus!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

My Blog List

Search This Blog

Followers

counter