Tonight I was listening to On Point, a program on NPR. The topic was the horrific situation in Japan. The first part, a discussion with Coco Masters on location, her voice trembling with controlled emotion, is worth listening to.
If I hear one more person say that the Japanese can manage just fine, I'm going to start raving. I've transcribed the part of that broadcast which made me so angry, below - which is followed with worse interviews, a bumbling, rambling, stumbling avoidance from nuclear apologists Jim Walsh of MIT, and Alex Marion, VP of Nuclear Operations for the Nuclear Energy Institute, both of whom poohpooh any dangers to public health. But, it's really worth paying attention to this:
Here's what I heard from David Sanger of the NYTimes, when asked about the prospects for Japan:
"On the recovery - you know - I've spent years living in Japan and I would say that the resilience of the Japanese people is pretty remarkable. You see a lot of elderly...what you are struck by is the fact that these are the same people who in their much younger days saw Japan rebuild from the firebombing and Hiroshima & Nagasaki - so at the beginning of their lives and toward the end of their lives...they have seen this process before - and you go through Japanese cities that were firebombed during WWII - and you wouldn't know it and so in some ways tragic as this is, it's also a great opportunity for Japan to rebuild yet again."
YEAH. He said that. It's a great opportunity.
Would he have said that had a similar disaster hit San Francisco or LA or NYC?
Uh, I really doubt it. But given how corrupted the media and government are, perhaps it's all part of the plan.
- BASIC PREMISE + Research Links about Dying Trees
- Five Radio Interviews, Video of Fall Foliage + Contact Information
- More Links to Recent Research
- Visit the Apocalypsi Library at the End of the World
- Pillage, Plunder & Pollute, LLC - free download AND watch the movie - The Silent War on Trees
- Whispers From the Ghosting Trees - Guest Post at Greg Laden's Science Blog
- ► 2016 (14)
- ► 2015 (33)
- ► 2014 (37)
- ► 2013 (113)
- ► 2012 (179)
- The National Security Perspective on Climate Chang...
- Koch Kills on the Ed Show!
- A Poem by Rebecca Babbett
- The Koch Victims Vindicated in the Weekly Standard...
- London Riots, while Spiders Web Trees on the Other...
- Squabbling over the Scraps at Tamino's Closed "Ope...
- From worldwide Enormity to local Minutiae
- I curate therefore I am!
- Back to the Burden
- Nuclear Pinocchios
- "Everything Is A Secret"
- Live Streaming Video from Japan Nuclear Meltdowns
- Rush Limbaugh is a Pig Without Lipstick
- Tsunami Haiku
- Alexandra Wallace and David Sanger would be the pe...
- RAGE - I'm just furious!
- Fukushima Radiation
- Minami Sanriku, Pulverized and Silent
- Pictures from Japan
- Fukushima Japan...Pictures of Chernobyl...and Nucl...
- This is America
- Watts Up With That!
- How Science Became Obsolete...and Scientists Irrel...
- The BALDing Syndrome
- Why the Right Wing Hates Wikileaks
- We the People
- "Earth-Raping Dictator-Supporting House GOP Brings...
- ▼ March (29)
- ► 2010 (383)