- BASIC PREMISE + Research Links about Dying Trees
- Five Radio Interviews, Video of Fall Foliage + Contact Information
- More Links to Recent Research
- Visit the Apocalypsi Library at the End of the World
- Pillage, Plunder & Pollute, LLC - free download AND watch the movie - The Silent War on Trees
- Whispers From the Ghosting Trees - Guest Post at Greg Laden's Science Blog
Wednesday, September 16, 2009
Roses are blooming on bushes with just a few pockmarked leaves remaining.
This is a cucumber vine. Crop yields will surely decrease if we continue to pollute the air with greenhouse gasses.
These leaves are typical.
It's therapeutic to find something pretty, and examine it closely, whilst ignoring as best you can the surrounding decay.
The lily of the valley leaves are scorched.
As leaves that should be green are yellowing, those that should be purple varieties are turning green instead, like this basil, and potato vine.
This is the first season that annual plants have such pronounced symptoms of chlorosis and obviously, for them, it isn't a cumulative effect from years of drought or acid rain or gradual temperature rise. It's not a fungus or a bug or a disease that is affecting every single species that produces chlorophyll, all at once, at the same time!
The silky dogwood leaves are all this shriveled, and honestly I don't remember what a fading cone flower should look like but surely not so hideous?
This is a fascinating and beautiful site to wander around, and then through your tears, google "albedo effect".
- ► 2016 (14)
- ► 2015 (33)
- ► 2014 (37)
- ► 2013 (113)
- ► 2012 (179)
- ► 2011 (299)
- ► 2010 (383)
- Cascading Synergy
- We Are All Watermelon Now
- the letter that started the nursery notice
- The Overpopulation Canard
- Sometimes, I haz a sadz
- Every year the Essex Fox Hounds holds the Hunter T...
- State of Calamity
- What's killing the Aspen?
- Tonight on the TeeVee
- Greenman Video
- A Toad
- CBC News - Technology & Science - Polar ice sheets...
- The Smoking Gun
- Stop and Smell the Roses
- The Age of Stupid
- "How to Address Climate and Air Quality Simultaneo...
- The Parallel Universe
- Message from Bill McKibbon, founder of 350.org
- A Lovely Video
- THE Explanation for Just About Everything
- Extreme Ice
- Nom de Plume
- say it ain't so...
- Thank You For Not Breeding
- hint: it wasn't global warming
- Stolen from Mind Over Blather
- What Paul Gilding Told Me to Tell My Children
- Six Degrees
- Message from Paul Gilding
- Must See!
- Labor Day
- Oh, never mind about the trees. We are so doomed!...
- Mary, Mary, Quite Contrary
- Squealing (Catastrophic Bifurcations)
- Help Wanted
- Dire Emergency
- Exchange of Messages with the Doris Duke Charitabl...
- ▼ September (42)