In my last post I said that in very short order I could prove the trees are dying from any particular random location. These pictures were all taken from the same spot, in the parking lot in front of the Pottersville Deli and Post Office. All I did was turn and take pictures in different directions. Every single tree is thin, scorched and some in the row of pines you can hardly see because they are completely bare.
Now I am going to plant some beans, then wrap scallops and shrimp in prosciutto and skewer them for grilling later on the dock, from whence we will then sail forth into New York harbor to watch firecrackers AND I'M NOT GOING TO THINK ABOUT EXTINCTION FOR THE REST OF THE DAY.
July 4th, 2009
I agree with Mr. Herbert. Ever since Reagan declared "mourning in America" we have indulged in a collective binge that is devastating our environment and every aspect of our culture. I completely blame him and everyone who willingly bought into the notion that we could consume and pollute endlessly without accumulating serious adverse consequences.
- BASIC PREMISE + Research Links about Dying Trees
- Four Radio Interviews, Video of Fall Foliage + Contact Information
- More Links to Recent Research
- Visit the Apocalypsi Library at the End of the World
- Pillage, Plunder & Pollute, LLC - free download AND watch the movie - The Silent War on Trees
- Whispers From the Ghosting Trees - Guest Post at Greg Laden's Science Blog
- ► 2015 (33)
- ► 2014 (37)
- ► 2013 (113)
- ► 2012 (179)
- ► 2011 (299)
- ► 2010 (383)
- The Fate of the Butterfly
- Sinister Signals from the Lotus
- Sunday Outing
- Balloon and Cone
- Jimmy Carter
- The High and Mighty Will Fall Hard
- The Definitive Proof
- The Old Oak Tree
- Welcome to the Nest
- Today I don't have a whole lot to say so I am goi...
- The Fourth of July
- Bob Herbert Nails that Creep Michael Jackson
- A Bedtime Story
- The United States Equestrian Team
- Broken Link
- swamps, food and clouds
- ▼ July (17)