In a story picked up by media outlets around the country, Bloomberg led their report of a demonstration yesterday with this sentence: "Protesters unfurled a “Koch Kills” banner and shouted “shame on you” as wealthy donors to presumptive Republican presidential nominee Mitt Romney rounded a corner in Range Rovers, Denalis and other luxury vehicles on their way to a fundraiser at the Southampton beach house of David Koch, an energy billionaire."
Yep! That was yours truly, in my nicest Hamptons summer white linen.
Update: Forbes mentioned the now infamous banner in their story about the protest too, and ran this picture with one of the lone Romney supporter, beneath it.
Everyone felt a bit richer after I handed out more of the Koch bucks, but still not quite enough to afford the $50,000 per person that was the requested "donation" from
guests the 0.01% plutocrats at the event.
Below is a message from OccupyEverywhere that I saw on Facebook...and here I thought I was the lone voice with this message to climate activists:
From Occupier Aaron Black, here's a list of men who are eagerly lining up to buy this "election" (and of course, Romney is not alone in buying votes - Obama has a list, too):
1) William Koch, Runs Oxbow Carbon, worth $4 Billion, Donation $2 Million to Romney’s Super PAC,
What He Wants: To pollute for free, Koch’s fortune is tied to some of the nation’s dirtiest industries
2) Harold Simmons (a Swift Boater and corporate raider), Traffics in Toxic Chemicals, worth $9.8 Billion, Donation $800,000 to Romney total giving $16.7 Million
What He Wants: Plans to store radioactive waste in Texas
3) Bob Perry, Owner of Perry Homes, Worth $600 Million, Donation $4 Million to Romney’s Super PAC
What He Wants: Tort reform to limit jury awards on homebuilders who do shoddy work
4) Jim Davis, Chairman New Balance Shoes, worth $1.8 Billion, Donation $1 Million to Romney’s Super PAC
What He Wants: A lucrative Defense Contract
5) Richard & Bill Marriott, Heir to Marriott Hotel Fortune, Worth $3.3 Billion, Donation $2 Million
to Restore Our Future
What He Wants: A legal pool of foreign born workers to work in their hotels at slave labor rates - Romney served twice on the Marriott Board
7) Edward Conard, Ex Managing Director of Bain Capital, Worth $250 Million, Donation $1 Million to Restore Our Future
What He Wants: To screw taxpayers like Romney does with half the tax rates of others
8) Frank VanderSloot, CEO Melaeuca, Inc., Worth $1 Billion, Donation $1 Million to Romney’s Super
What He Wants: Less consumer protections
9) Steven Lund, Vice Chairman Nu Skin Enterprises, worth $31.9 Million, Donation $2 Million to Restore
What He Wants: A world safe for false advertising & marketing scams
10) Julian Robertson Jr., Hedge Fund Titan, worth $2.5 Billion, Donation $1.25 Million to Restore Our
What He Wants: lower taxes for the Rich
11) John Paulson, Hedge Fund Titan, worth $12.5 Billion, Donation $1 Million to Romney’s Super PAC
What He Wants: No restrictions on Wall St. gambling
12) Paul Singer, Hedge Fund Titan, Worth $1 Billion, Donation $1 Million to Romney’s Super PAC What He Wants: He Needs Fed backing in his lawsuit to collect $2 Billion from Argentina
13) Robert Mercer, CEO Renaissance Technologies, made $125 Million in 2011 alone, Donation $ 1 Million to Romney’s Super PAC
What He Wants: To squelch a proposed tax on stock options
14) Kenneth Griffin, CEO Citadel LLC, worth $3 Billion, Donation $1 Million to Restore our Future What He Wants: To end Volcker Rule on Dodd-Frank Wall St excesses
15) L. Francis Rooney III, CEO Rooney Holdings, worth $40 Million, Donation $1 Million to Restore our Future
What He Wants: More building contract patronage
16) Steven Webster, CEO Avista Capital, worth $4 Billion, Donation $1 Million to Romney’s Super PAC
What He Wants: To Drill baby drill first owner of Deep Sea Horizon the worst environmental disaster in the Nation’s history.
17) Donald Trump, Casino Operator
Who knows what he wants?? He is just a delusional birther nut!
This is not a Democracy, that’s a hoax - it’s a Plutocracy