In February, Chris Hedges wrote an article that continues to cause enormous consternation, in which he labelled Black Bloc the cancer of the Occupy movement. Many Occupiers who are themselves pacifist are loathe to condemn others who consider themselves anarchists. Dorli Rainey has no such compunction and towards the end of this clip, from a Control the Corporation event in Washington, calls them hoodlums. This video is a fascinating view inside the debate about where, if anywhere, the American Spring is headed. It's worth watching just to hear from Hedges, who knows from personal experience in multiple theaters as much about how revolutions unfold as anyone alive today.
- BASIC PREMISE + Research Links about Dying Trees
- Two Radio Interviews & the Climate Hawk Pin
- More Links to Research
- Dead Trees - Dying Forests Webpage
- Pillage, Plunder & Pollute, LLC - download my book about trees dying from pollution, published in Spring, 2012
- Whispers From the Ghosting Trees - Guest Post at Greg Laden's Science Blog
- Eco Block
- Expect Us!
- The Mirage of Victory
- Democratic Despots
- The Sixth Grade Earth Day Doomer Contest
- Magical Thinking and the Draconian Experiment
- Pillage, Plunder & Pollute, LLC
- A Cascade of Consequences
- the "Blinding Obsession with Carbon"
- An Alert - reposted from Climate Code Red
- Dissension Within Occupy - Chris Hedges Irked with...
- By-the-bye, what became of the baby?
- Gaia is "Le Tired"
- Break the Law
- When Coal Companies Make Offers That Can't be Refu...
- ▼ April (15)
- ► 2011 (299)
- ► 2010 (383)