Tuesday's Occupy action at Foley Square was organized to decry NYPD policies, to arrest peaceful demonstrators and to discriminate against the most downtrodden for "stop and frisk". Speakers representing factions that have been disproportionately targeted - people of color, and the Muslim community - told of the injustice they have experienced.
The class system in America turns poor people into criminals. Last night's marches around Union Square, where thousands protested the murder of teenager Trayvon Martin, may in hindsight be seen as the moment the American Spring was ignited in earnest.
this series, he can be plainly heard. The story his killer told, of shooting in self-defense, is so transparently false as to be ludicrous, and why the police haven't yet arrested him is unconscionable. [Update: Travon's parents have set up a petition to the Florida DA to investigate and prosecute the murder of their son, which you can sign here.]
This is video from Tuesday. The occupiers marched in silence, their hands cuffed, their mouths taped shut. This Saturday, huge numbers are expected at Liberty Plaza, and for those who can't be there, you can follow it live on Timcast.
- BASIC PREMISE + Research Links about Dying Trees
- Four Radio Interviews, Video of Fall Foliage + Contact Information
- More Links to Recent Research
- Visit the Apocalypsi Library at the End of the World
- Pillage, Plunder & Pollute, LLC - free download AND watch the movie - The Silent War on Trees
- Whispers From the Ghosting Trees - Guest Post at Greg Laden's Science Blog
- ► 2016 (14)
- ► 2015 (33)
- ► 2014 (37)
- ► 2013 (113)
- #Occupy -the Real Revolution Begins... Critical Co...
- Green Inc. will take Cash for Earth Hour Credits
- "Ruins of Our Own Construction" - Doomer Porn from...
- A Game of Clue
- One Blatant, Rank Injustice After Another, in Amer...
- "...soon came a Woodman in leathern guise"
- The Koch Kills Banner Makes its New York Debut
- Ringside Seats at the Finish Line
- Trayvon Martin and the American Spring
- Occupy For Freedom
- The Pies of March
- The Big Kahony - Is This a Wag the Dog??
- The Failed Doctrine of Infinite Growth
- Cherry Trees Dripping with Ironic Blossoms
- "The Guns That Smoked" - how the 1% stays in power...
- What's the Use?
- 1% Rallies for Romney at the Waldorf Astoria
- Occupy Wall Street Protests Romney the Zombie Fund...
- Something is Rotten at the EPA
- A Hike Through Hell - The Union of Concerned Scien...
- Dead Trees, Dying Forests: Pollution is Murdering...
- New Jersey Now Rivals Alaska!!! Thanks, Chris Chr...
- To Understand and Protect the Home Planet
- The Void Between Rhetoric and Reality
- Seems Like Such a Shame
- Risk Your Heart
- The Human Volcano
- ▼ March (29)
- ► 2011 (299)
- ► 2010 (383)