"I am the Lorax. I speak for the trees. I speak for the trees for the trees have no tongues." This half-hour video of the Dr. Suess book is from a 1972 television special - work is progressing on a new 3-D, computer animated version to be released in 2012. At the rate trees are already dying worldwide, from ozone, and clear cutting, it will be more like a memorial tribute than this cautionary tale. (I can't get the embed to work, to watch, click here.
Thanks to Climate Progress where I first saw this.
- BASIC PREMISE + Research Links about Dying Trees
- Four Radio Interviews, Video of Fall Foliage + Contact Information
- More Links to Recent Research
- Visit the Apocalypsi Library at the End of the World
- Pillage, Plunder & Pollute, LLC - download my book about trees dying from pollution, published in Spring, 2012
- Whispers From the Ghosting Trees - Guest Post at Greg Laden's Science Blog
- ► 2014 (37)
- ► 2013 (113)
- ► 2012 (179)
- ► 2011 (299)
- A Greek Tragedy
- Unintended Consequences
- Go Green or Go Home.
- Going Going Going Gone
- Get Settled with some Popcorn!
- I REST MY CASE.
- Spring! Early!
- Lake Road
- Wild Weather!
- A comment from Icarus
- "Scientists discover link between atmospheric ozon...
- Scientists are Egomaniacal DoucheBags
- Carnage, Unmitigated
- Laugh and be Merry!
- Breaking up is hard to do...
- On the way to Avatar
- Bye Bye Birdie
- Why Humans Doom Themselves
- Oh, this is what I want for the children.
- Yes, Virginia, it can get worse
- Um, somebody tell me why this wouldn't be relevant...
- Shamefully Self-Referential
- Bleak Laughs are Better Than No Laughs
- A Pandemic
- The Sixth Great Extinction
- Why it's Worth It
- ▼ January (33)